iPhone 11 Pro Matte coating on the Pro rocks.

VertPin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
So, I got my iPhone 11 Pro. The device is just absolutely wonderful. I went for the 256GB Midnight Green version, a color I had been dreaming of since I got my first iPhone. I truly enjoy it’s aesthetics.

One of the great things that I enjoy the most about this phone is how it feels in the hands, specifically, the matte textured back. The phone itself feels a bit more slippery, but more premium than ever. The way the glass feels similarly to the aluminum of previous phones reminds me a bit of nostalgia, even. Something I truly enjoy is that my phone doesn’t get fingerprints the same way my previous ones did. It certainly can, and will, but they happen to be hard to put on and only noticeable in certain viewing angles, but far less than a previous glossy phone.

If there happen to be any people that disagree, please respond why. Going onward, I feel like all iPhone’s should have this textured matte glass. It truly is great.

Reactions: CMoore515

jimmy_uk

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2015
UK
I like the fact the frosted glass doesn't show finger prints and I don't find it slippery at all. Would much prefer to not have a fragile glass back on any phone ideally.

Reactions: Breezygirl

CalMin

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
I like the fact the frosted glass doesn't show finger prints and I don't find it slippery at all. Would much prefer to not have a fragile glass back on any phone ideally.
I think everyone would, but it's the only way to get wireless charging. A plastic back wouldn't feel premium enough to justify the cost of these things.

gmikesell

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2009
I completely agree! Gloss was nice for a while but I really like the satin look and feel of the new finish! It was hard deciding between the midnight green and the space grey but finally landed on the space grey. Lovin’ it! Now to pick out the perfect D-brand skin! 😆

nrvna76

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2010
Love the frosted finish. And as a side benefit I can tell the front from the back while it’s in my pocket. Lol

LaynieGorilla

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2011
PA
I love it, less slippery to me. And I love what they’ve done with the gold this year. Looks less pinkish/fleshy :)