Matte Ghost Armor Protection (IP5 Back)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by blkonblk17, Oct 30, 2012.

1. blkonblk17 macrumors 6502

Here's a few shots. Feels greats and looks like it will offer great scratch protection...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. martinmartin macrumors 6502

How does it feel compared to regular skins (Zagg, Bodyguardz, Best Skins Ever Etc.?). I've always found the regular skins to feel kind of greasy - like they hold on to oils more than than the plain glass/metal.

Thanks.

3. jdecosta macrumors member

4. blkonblk17, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012

blkonblk17 thread starter macrumors 6502

Totally not the case on the matte finish. I had the whole phone done including the frame and front. For instance, on the front clear shield it does hold oil and feel greasy at times. At least, a little more than plain glass.

----------

It's 3 separate sections * EDIT - Upon further review it's a one piece kit for the back matte. However, when I did my first iPhone 5 on launch day the kit they installed was a 3 piece kit for the back. With that being said, there might be more than one variation across the board as to the amount pieces for the back of the iPhone 5.

5. LittleGwen macrumors 6502

Are the 3 separate pieces same texture?? or is it similar to the naked iphone 5 back??

6. Jizzles macrumors regular

The three matte pieces have the same texture. I have my phone wrapped in matte ghost armor for the back and clear on the sides and front.

7. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

Nice. Might have to pick up one of these. Looks way better than the SGP back protector I've got on right now (though the SGP screen protector is still great).

8. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

The GA back skin is one piece. There are separate pieces for the sides and the top of the phone.

9. Jizzles macrumors regular

Yours is one piece? Mine has three separate pieces for the three sections on the back of the phone.

10. jdecosta macrumors member

When I spoke to GA they said the back is 3 sections. The picture looks like one piece. If it's 3 they did a great job installing it.

11. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

I ordered the matte directly from GA and had it installed at my local mall booth. Even the non matte pieces are all one piece from the ip5's that I was watching the guy at the booth install.

12. blkonblk17 thread starter macrumors 6502

I can assure mine is a 3 piece kit for the rear. This is my second iPhone 5 i've had done at the local mall. Actually, third iPhone 5. Mine, wife's and cousin. All were 3 piece kits for the rear.

13. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

That's odd. Look at your pics above. There no seam showing 3 separate pieces. This is my phone. Single piece for the back. I think you are mistaking what 3 piece means. Unless of course, we are talking about 2 different products.

14. blkonblk17 thread starter macrumors 6502

* EDIT - Upon further review it is in fact a one piece kit for the back. However, when I did my first iPhone 5 on launch day the kit they installed was a 3 piece kit for the back. With that being said, there might be more than one variation across the board as to the amount pieces for the back of the iPhone 5.

----------

Yea, I know what you mean. The first iPhone 5 I had done was actually 3 separate pieces. Upper half (camera portion) middle (back piece with apple logo) and bottom half (black piece) on the lower portion of the black/slate iPhone 5.

15. JNGold, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012

JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

Here's my iPhone 5 with Matte back direct from GA and professionally installed by a GA booth. It was ordered as a Full body kit which came wit pieces for the sides and front button. This is the "case friendly" version which is a bit smaller than the back to accommodate bumper/open type cases.

[​IMG]

16. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

Ghost armour stop making the 3 piece. I had the 3 piece on mine but it started to peel within the 7 days so I brought it back and now they only do 1 piece for the back.

----------

Ghost armor stop making the 3 piece. I had the 3 piece on mine but it started to peel within the 7 days so I brought it back and now they only do 1 piece for the back.

17. jekim macrumors regular

Can I ask what bumper you have on it? I have the black monoprice but it looked like it was pulling my matte back up in a few places. The one you have looks like its not doing that.

18. blkonblk17 thread starter macrumors 6502

Not sure, I bought it at a local cell phone kiosk for like $5. Doesn't lift up the armor at all.

19. Jizzles macrumors regular

I wonder if all the GA kiosks had their inventory updated with the one piece back. I need to have mine changed again because the front screen protector has lint underneath and is really irritating to see. Hopefully they have the newer version.

20. AFDoc macrumors 68030

$20 for back/sides only?!?! No thanks. Looks great but can't see spending that much for back protection. I don't wan't side protection but there is no option to get only the back. Matte looks good though.... not $20 good.

21. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

Crazy pricing. I think spending $1 a pop on 20 different eBay ones would most likely net you a good one as well.. haha. $20 for the GA is so much :/ I shall continue to use it naked:D feels better anywho

22. tom619 macrumors member

Can I install one of these myself or does it have to be done by a professional?

Also can I get one in the UK?

23. esfrost macrumors member

promo

Just did a search for promo codes, and found this:

Ga4life

its 20%, and it works.

24. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

Thanks for that code - ordered one.

25. tom619 macrumors member

How much coverage do these provide, for example 100% back and front coverage and protection?