Matte On Macbooks? Steve Job's Opinion (Pic Inside)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by LuckyRice, Nov 9, 2008.

1. LuckyRice macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have already submitted this to Macrumors a couple of Minutes ago and just thought I share this with you guys in the mean time.

As a high school student looking to purchase his first laptop for university next year, I have always been interested in the Macbook lines of Product. However, for someone who suffers from dry eyes and sensitivity to light, the high reflective glossy screen would not be in my best interest. I have wrote this in my email to Steve Jobs yesterday and to my surprise, he actually replied to my personal email.

This was his response to my email

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Although I did not show the entire email, I have included things such as, although I have notice the trend of glossy laptop screens lately, I still cannot buy a laptop due to my lack of choice as a consumer. I have also said that I have considered a matte filter, but it would not be as effective as a matte screen itself and I have also stated that I would love to use the apple OSX but the limited choice for its hardware limits my choice as a consumer

I cut out most of the email because it would be otherwise too big for uploading, if anyone wants to, I would chop up the email and upload it as different images; but the things i have described above is basically what I have written all in all.

P.S. oh and yes, i have checked them out in person, the glare causes mild headache and makes my eyes even drier.

2. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

Steve Jobs is known to reply to e-mails now and again.

3. StevnJ9971 macrumors member

4. Twilight Elk macrumors regular

Twilight Elk

I just got the new MacBook yesterday and I don't have a problem with the screen. Though it was cool that Steve Jobs managed to reply to you.

p.s. I don't think fish get thirsty.

5. JBazz macrumors 6502

Kinda sucks when healthy people disregard your health conditions. His suggesting you check them out in person is akin to telling you you dont know what you are talking about.

I get it all the time, generally well meaning HEALTHY people who will lecture me on everything from nutrition to coping strategies. I had a women actually block me in my handicapped parking spot the other night. She refused to move her parked car, even though it was clearly into my space. She said I could fit in if I wanted. Had to call the cops on her. And no, I cant just "fit in" like a healthy person would. I need to open the door wide enough to be able to bend with both feet on the ground (hence the handicapped parking).

6. 8theapple macrumors regular

FYI JBazz, Steve Job is not healthy. He battled cancer a while back and there are rumors that his cancer is recurring again.

Simple solution: you can wait for powersupport to make an antiglare film for the new macbooks and then stick that on the glossy screen. They have antiglare film for the last generation macbooks and make the same applications for iphone and ipod touches. http://www.powersupportusa.com/products/ef.php?category=pb

Or you can even buy the product right now and just put it on the functional part of the screen and not the bezel.

So you do have options out there.