Matte Screen and firewire Petition

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kostasmac, Oct 16, 2008.

1. kostasmac macrumors newbie

Hello

i m the one of many people that im not ok with apple's choice to give only glossy screens with macbook pros and one or none firewire

where is a petition that i have found about that

http://www.petitiononline.com/m4tt3/petition.html

i have also sign

what is your opinion for glossy?

2. tremendous macrumors 6502

tremendous

glad you made this thread because we really needed another one.

3. sk47 macrumors member

holy crap... i hope no one signs this. jeez, suck it up already.

4. CoolMacDude macrumors regular

The only thing worse than all these whiners is the poorly written petition that will probably give Apple a good laugh.

5. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Lol, not only has the OP not noticed the other threads, but he's hasn't checked the front page of petitiononline.com. The 2nd most active petition is a 'Matte Macbook' one, with about 300x more signatures.

Sigh.

6. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

And whats with 'signature' number 1? Is it sarcasm or something?

7. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

yup its up to 2193 Signatures now

8. polar-blair macrumors regular

At the moment all I see is people whining, "oh wheres the matte option, I hate glossy screens, matte is more colour accurate whaaa whaaa whaa. Oh my go where is the firewire port, Im like one of the few people who use only a macbook and firewire products whaaa whaa whaa"

Some people want to actually ask real questions about the MBP and MB's and dont want to crawl through the same threads over and over.

You want firewire get the MBP, price difference is not that huge with the extra benefits you get.

Want a matte screen get the old MB's or MBP's or get the current 17" MBP.

Glossy screens are here to stay get used to it.

End Thread

9. kostasmac thread starter macrumors newbie

but this petition is also about firewires....not only screens

10. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Neither of which will matter to Apple if presented in the form of an online petition. If they have a purchase drop of 25%, they'll listen.

11. Boblister macrumors 6502a

Firewire is there!!! I bought a MBP yesterday and yep, it's definitely there.

12. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

they are talking about the macbook, genius

we know the MBP has firewire

13. electricfiddle macrumors newbie

APPLE has the power to increase efficiency and productivity (as well as profit margins) by releasing professional products. I didn't join this forum until I was outraged over Apple's recent developments... Because they seem to be focusing on the iPhone and iPod generation instead of US professional users...
    A true pro machine would have 2 Firewire ports... 1 FW400+FW800 or 2 FW800 using a SEPARATE BUS for each... The problem with professional audio/visual users is that they stick them on the same bus! That's why we have to resort to esata express card options... A TRUE pro machine would offer esata as well as an express card slot. An although I don't personally care, I know graphic artists who need MATTE screens for color authenticity. Also, I don't believe it would be impossible for Apple, with such a creative-intuitive team to some how offer a second hard drive option.
    So a pro machine... 'clearing throat' A TRUE pro machine would look like this...
    2 Firewire ports (Separate Bus for each) 1 fw400+fw800 or 2 fw800...
    esata port
    express card slot
    2 hard drive option
    Matte screen option
    8 gb of ram (future Nahalem)
    and possible a mobile quad core (once snow leopard is released)
    **one note with snow leopard** please focus on performance, efficiency, and a stable operating system... rather than more features that causes more problems and eats at the system resources... thus requiring more power, more fixes, and a longer wait for a stable system!
    I have done my part... Called Apple Consumer Relations Division... filled out Apple's feedback forms online, signed the petition.... Have you? Posting on this forum will do little good... I didn't want to say this but the Apple rep told me... "All they care about is what is submitted on the forms, and what has been reported back to the Apple Consumer Relations Division... they really don't put a lot of stock in what is being said on these forums..." We need to spend LESS TIME on forums complaining... and MORE TIME calling Apple until they realize their BIG MISTAKE and put FIREWIRE back on Macbooks and give us a TRUE pro machine... Most PROFESSIONALS agree with the above! And yes there are some here...

To file a complaint about the exclusion of FIREWIRE in Macbooks you can simply click here... very simple.
    http://www.apple.com/feedback/macbook.html
    :apple:
    Or call 1-800-MYAPPLE and ask for the Conumser Relations Division...
    :apple:
    For MACBOOK PRO click here...
    http://www.apple.com/feedback/macbookpro.html
    electricfiddle is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

14. Boblister macrumors 6502a

Macbook genius..I must have missed that model :p

So why not get the model that has what you want. I know it came free on the previous ones. But thats what Apple, the vendor, decided.

15. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

good post but, half the stuff you want on your "True" pro machine isnt available yet

16. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

god, one little comma...:p

17. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

I thought your "genius" response was fine, deserved and funny.

18. 4miler macrumors member

There's also another petition at http://macmatte.wordpress.com - this petition is in a WordPress format which allows people to write a detailed argument for why they need matte screens.

19. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Detailed arguments...that will be ignored.

20. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

I'm waiting for the matte display, firewire, non nvidia, metal keyboard and true 7 hour battery petition...

21. Anawrahta macrumors member

This thread was more than a year old, and in that time Apple gave the entire MBP line firewire, and brought back matte screens on the 15inch. That's as good as you're going to get.

22. bmstrong macrumors 6502a

I've never seen a Macbook Pro up close and in person so this might be a dumb question. Can't you just take off the black boarder and pull the glass on your 13" Pro? Making it an anti-glare? Or is it put together differently?

23. kolax macrumors G3

There is glass on top of the glossy screen. Taking the glass off just leaves you with a glossy screen, which is still reflective, though not as bad has having a glass panel over it.

A matte screen is different to glossy - coated in an anti-glare material.

24. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

What made you necro a year old thread?