Matte Screen Cover?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gmans46, Mar 7, 2011.

1. gmans46 macrumors regular

I recently viewed a mbp with antiglare and was pretty enamored by it. Do you think its worth dropping the extra 50$ on an antiglare screen cover or should I just go with the regular?

2. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

Screen covers are no comparison to the actual AG screen. Spend the little extra and get the upgrade option.

3. golgo1313 macrumors regular

i agree with pballer. i've got an antiglare cover on my mbp that didn't have antiglare as an option. it diffuses the light a bit, so it give a little "hazy" look to the screen. but i would rather have that than having a mirror as a screen. i've learned to live with it, but as i'm going with the hi-res antiglare as soon as i can.

4. Miss Terri macrumors 6502

If you want (or don't mind) the high-resolution screen, then I would say to get the anti-glare for sure.

I think the screen films are nowhere near as good, and only a last resort if you need anti-glare but don't want a high-resolution screen.

5. andrewface macrumors regular

andrewface

i got the glossy screen on my 15" and am not regretting it one bit...looks beautiful..

6. PurpleMarmalade macrumors regular

Yes, the glossies look beautiful, but that isn't the point of a screen. You're not looking at the screen, you're looking at the stuff on the screen, and that is harder to see because of the glare (unless you have perfect ambient lighting, which isn't an option for many, many people.)

Upgrade to the high-res AG screen.