Matte Screen MBP 15in in the Apple Refurb Store?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Village, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Village macrumors member

Has anyone seen a listing of the new unibody MBP 15in with matte screen in the Refurb Store? I know the option has been out only a short while; when does returned stock typically make its way to Refurb?

Here's my shopping consideration: I want to get a MBP for iPhone development and to replace my aging iMac G5. It *must* have a matte screen. The mid-level 15in MBP with matte screen option is perfect, but I'm hesitant to pay full-retail on Core Duo tech that will be replaced in the near future with i7. If an i7 MBP were released tomorrow and a matte screen Core Duo showed up in the Refurb Store then I'd buy the older model at the big discount.

So, when could one reasonably expect current models to make it into the Refurb channels? I could wait a month and buy refurb then, but if it's likely two months or more out then I may just bite the bullet and buy new right now.

2. dwd3885 macrumors 68020

The MBP is not going to be updated anytime soon. They just updated them over the summer, in Apple world, that's not a long time.

I haven't seen any matte options on the refurb store. I want to say it takes 6 weeks or so when one starts showing up and they refresh daily in the afternoon and sometimes even at night too.

Just get glossy, the colors are excellent, and if you are any good at what you do, you'd be able to do it regardless of the screen.