Matte Screens to come to the Macbook in 2009?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Woodcrest64, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Woodcrest64 macrumors 6502a

Woodcrest64

With the 17" Pros getting the matte screen do you think Apple will do the same for the 13" Macbooks this year sometime or no?

2. RemarkabLee macrumors 6502a

Unlikely in my opinion. It may come to the 15" Pros, but not for the consumer level Macbooks IMO.

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

It was specifically stated at the launch of the 17" that only it would have matte.

And seeing as how the MacBook has NEVER been matte, you were shooting skyward anyway.

4. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

5. nick9191 macrumors 68040

No.

Most consumers are happy with glossy screens.

6. SteveMobs macrumors 6502

SteveMobs

Call me exhibit A. I'm happy with the gloss.

7. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

Sorry, but when I read that title I thought "Is that guy on crack?!"
    There is no way Apple would do that. I mean it's a 50$ option on the 17" Pro, but IMO that was kinda an afterthought, or a last minute addition.

8. Electro Funk macrumors 65816

Electro Funk

i am off to get a new 15" MBP today. really wish the matte option wasn't locked down to the 17".

i am hoping they finally have the 17" on display (matte). last week i was told they would have them at the stores as of yesterday. Although, i have a feeling just the gloss will be sitting on the floor. doubt i would buy one since it is too big for my needs while traveling (and apparently i am one of the few that always has an extra battery in my briefcase which also strays me away from the 17), but a matte screen might almost sway that purchase.

i dunno. guess i'll find out in the next hour or two...

9. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Oh dear, more people who didn't watch the Macworld '09 keynote.

10. pesc macrumors regular

I would be prepared to pay $500 extra for a MacBook with a nice MATTE screen.

I need to update my 12" powerbook soon. I'm not buying glossy. And I am not interested in a HUGE laptop. Even 15" is too big for me.

Why can't there be a Apple laptop that's (1) small and portable, (2) powerful and (3) matte? The last one was the 12" powebook!

11. skorpien macrumors 68020

$500 extra? Seriously? There are options to turn your MacBook matte ya know. Power Support makes an Anti-Glare Film for the Unibody MacBook that you can actually buy at Apple stores. From the reviews, it seems the people who've purchased it are quite satisfied with theirs. And at approximately $35 dollars, it's even cheaper than the 17" MBP BTO option.

12. pesc macrumors regular

I'm not going to order a glossy laptop with the hope it's going to be alright with a plaster. I need to see it in a store before I purchase, and I haven't seen a single store demonstrating it where I live.

I certainly would pay $500 extra for a *nice* matte screen if Apple would give me the option. (Or less, preferably.) I'm ready to spend up to $3000 on a laptop, but Apple does not have any small, powerful and matte at any price.

13. macjay macrumors 6502

I'm in the same boat as you. Still using an iBook for that reason.

14. MattyK macrumors 6502a

MattyK

+1 FAIL thread; They may release a matte option, but at a higher cost.