Maverick and Mail Application

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nkojohnson, Jun 4, 2014.

1. nkojohnson macrumors newbie

It seemed like a minor problem, but it is starting to make me bonkers. Since upgrading to Maverick my email strings in Mail are printing each message on a separate page. I have Mail v7.3 on an iMac with OS X 10.9.3. I've looked all over for a setting in preferences and have just resorted to printing the page(s) with the newest correspondence. It is a work computer and was just so much easier to hand my employer a communication string on a page or two instead of five separate pages with individual messages.

If anyone has an idea I could try it would be greatly appreciated.

Nikki

2. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Nikki, Welcome to the forums! I am not aware of any preference pane in the Preferences of Mail. However, when you click Print in Mail, simply hit "Show Details" in the bottom left and set the "Pages Per Sheet" to your desired number. That should do what you want, I think!

3. nkojohnson thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your suggestion. I will have to use that as a work around. I believe I did what you said correctly, but it took the pages and essentially tiled them. It used to print in the standard font, most recent email first continuous in descending order automatically flowing from page to page without the extra page space in-between messages, etc. If found out this AM that if I login to my email via iCloud on the internet it still prints the way it used to. I might have to use that method when necessary.

Your solution will work better than the way I was doing it. Thank you for your time and assistance! Nikki

4. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

I wish I knew how to change it. Unfortunately, I only print attachments from emails. Sorry I couldn't help.