MAVERICK INSTALL ON MB PRO 2,2

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nobles, Aug 15, 2016.

1. nobles macrumors newbie

nobles

am new on this forum, i have a macbook pro 2,2 core 2 dou, 3gig and 32 hd runing 10.6 m i want to install maverick on it, can anyone here help me with a simple and easy approach to install maverick on mb pro 2,2

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

The max supported OS officially supported for your machine by Apple is OS X 10.7 (Lion).

Looking at the specs of your machine, you'd need a RAM upgrade & SSD upgrade at the minimum if you're thinking of running 10.9 or higher.

I'd stick with Snow Leopard for best performance and stability. No benefit updating to Lion and certainly no benefit trying to install Mavericks on it.

3. nobles thread starter macrumors newbie

nobles

Snow leopard is good, but there are many apps, i want to install that the minimum requirement is 10.7...so i thought of install 10.7 or later
    Can 10.8 run good on my mb pro 2,2

4. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

10.8 isn't officially supported on your machine. The max supported OS is 10.7. You can purchase Lion here: http://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/D6106ZM/A/os-x-lion

That will email you a redeem code which you can use in the App Store to download Lion.

Also best to go easy on the Caps Lock, my friend; makes it sound like you're shouting :D

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I fixed the post, to make it easier reading.