Maverick on External Thunderbolt SSD can't authorize itunes

Discussion in 'macOS' started by kamachi923, May 13, 2014.

1. kamachi923 macrumors newbie

I have a macbook air with mavericks. I was I have a seperate install of mavericks no an external thunderbolt SSD. I installed it and run with with no problem. But I was trying to run some music from itunes the other day and it said that itunes was no authorized. When I try and authorize it it says the computer has already been authorized. I assume it has something to do with how itunes checks auth, and that the computer has been authorized but the external ssd has not. Can anybody help me straighten this out. thanks.

2. joecool99 Suspended

joecool99

3. kamachi923 thread starter macrumors newbie

External SSD because I am trying to run a seperate Mavericks for testing without screwing up my original mavericks. but don't have space on my internal ssd to fit an additional mavericks. I want an itunes library on both and play movies or music directly from itunes as it dl's or streams. The External SSD has is a complete OS with itunes and I boot directly into it, but can't play anything because of the authorization problem.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I have you tried deauthorizing it and authorize again in the OS that you are actively using at the time?

5. kamachi923 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes. I have tried to deauth and auth. I have also tried to deauth play the content, let it tell me that I need to auth and then reauth. It always tells me that the computer has already been authorized or it auths but wont play then i hit play again and I get the message saying it has already been authorized.