Mavericks 10.9.1 - Finder's bug

anzio

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2010
Innisfil, Ontario, Canada
What are the steps to reproduce that. Just drag a single tab off the window, or are you doing something extra? I cannot seem to get the same result (replicating the video).

humar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
Italy
No, no extra moves..just this.. If I move a tab to create a new window I got this miniature on my desktop..

(I've got a clean install of Maverick on day one)

anzio

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2010
Innisfil, Ontario, Canada
I can't reproduce this on any of our machines.

Is it stuck there forever (until restart of Finder or the computer) or can you click it or put a window over it to clear it. If it's stuck there, that might get irritating. Especially if it is when moving any tab out from a window.

iosuser

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2012
Cute bug :p Although it is not happening on my MBP on which I just upgraded to 10.9.1.

illusionmist

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2013
Hitchhiking the thread... Is anyone also not able to resize the sidebar in the "Open/Save File" dialog?

I've been seeing it since DP, thought it'd get fixed but never did. Perhaps I should file a report but I want to see if it happens to others as well.

humar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
Italy
Hitchhiking the thread... Is anyone also not able to resize the sidebar in the "Open/Save File" dialog?

I've been seeing it since DP, thought it'd get fixed but never did. Perhaps I should file a report but I want to see if it happens to others as well.
No.. same here, I can't resize it.

Back in topic
so.. It seems that is only my problem..

cocky jeremy

macrumors 601
Jul 12, 2008
Columbus, OH
No.. same here, I can't resize it.

Back in topic
so.. It seems that is only my problem..
I had the same bug in 10.9, not sure about 10.9.1 yet. I haven't tested it since updating. I posted about it last week without much response. I guess it's relatively rare.

humar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
Italy
I had the same bug in 10.9, not sure about 10.9.1 yet. I haven't tested it since updating. I posted about it last week without much response. I guess it's relatively rare.
I had this bug also in 10.9.0.. hoping updating will fix this but I doesn't happened.

DJLC

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2005
North Carolina
Have not seen this issue. I've been gradually updating everything at work. So far, one 2012 MacBook Air, two 2012 cMBPs, two 2009 iMacs, and one aluminum MacBook.

KoolAid-Drink

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2013
USA
Yeah, I've seen that bug around since 10.9.0, but was unable to reproduce it as well. It's quite random.

I'd suggest filing a bugreport (for free) at bugreport.apple.com and attaching the video (or providing the link to the video), explain that this is not specifically reproducible, but that it's a UI bug. They may be familiar with the bug already, and mark it as a duplicate, but at least they'll be aware of it one way or another. Doesn't hurt to try.

w0lf

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2013
USA
Yeah I've had this since the first 10.9 beta but I use XtraFinder most the time so it doesn't really affect me. I think I got rid of it at one point by nuking my preferences.

Broph

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
New Zealand
I had this bug also in 10.9.0.. hoping updating will fix this but I doesn't happened.
Bit off topic, but can you please put up your desktop wallpaper? I wouldn't mind it… Unless it's a Mavericks stock wallpaper, then I'll just google it. :p

ultraspiracle

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
Solved with a clean install of the 10.9.1..
Don't be surprised if it comes back but hopefully it won't. Mine disappeared inexplicably and now behaves well. However, it's a known bug, but I'm not sure they are keen on fixing it right away - it seems to have been around for a while. Definitely overstayed its welcome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.