Mavericks 10.9.2 Beta Stability

Intelligent

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2013
How stable is mavericks 10.9.2 beta? Im on mountain lion 10.85 and i want to upgrade to the beta, but one question before, How stable is it? Can i use it as a main OS on my computer that is used more than 6 hours per day? Or will i encounter too many bugs?

monkeybagel

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
United States
How stable is mavericks 10.9.2 beta? Im on mountain lion 10.85 and i want to upgrade to the beta, but one question before, How stable is it? Can i use it as a main OS on my computer that is used more than 6 hours per day? Or will i encounter too many bugs?
It works fine, but is designed for developers to test their applications with it. If you are a developer and need to test your applications, go for it. If you are not, you are not licensed to install it.

It does not really bring much to the table over 10.9.1 so if you are hoping to gains something significant from it, you will probably be disappointed.

Intelligent

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2013
It works fine, but is designed for developers to test their applications with it. If you are a developer and need to test your applications, go for it. If you are not, you are not licensed to install it.

It does not really bring much to the table over 10.9.1 so if you are hoping to gains something significant from it, you will probably be disappointed.

I am an apple developer and pay for it yearly. I don't have any applications i need to test right now, but as i said, i pay for it.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I am an apple developer and pay for it yearly. I don't have any applications i need to test right now, but as i said, i pay for it.
I just saw this article mentioning Apple has released 10.9.2 to employees, so I would guess the official release is right around the corner if you can hold off a few days.

tywebb13

macrumors 68020
Apr 21, 2012
If you upgrade (or even if you don't) make a time machine backup of 10.8.5.

I upgraded to 10.9.2 once and found it more buggy, so then made 2 partitions, 1 for 10.8.5 which I got back by restoring from a backup, and the other for mavericks.

But that took too much space, so now I run mavericks in a parallels virtual machine instead, which takes less space.

Last edited:

Apple TarHeel

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2012
mail works substantially better, especially for Exchange users, but there are still bugs .. sometimes my WiFi will drop for no reason ... I would say go for it if you have proper licensing and need a more stable Apple Mail platform from 10.9.1... otherwise wait.

z06gal

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2011
mail works substantially better, especially for Exchange users, but there are still bugs .. sometimes my WiFi will drop for no reason ... I would say go for it if you have proper licensing and need a more stable Apple Mail platform from 10.9.1... otherwise wait.

I am having real issues with WiFi dropping and reconnecting. It is maddening :mad: