Mavericks 10.9.5

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AwesomeRob, Sep 17, 2014.

1. AwesomeRob macrumors newbie

Hello, I tried to update the to Mavericks 10.9.5 but it only says to restart on the softftware update in Mac App Store but when I always do restart it goes back to OS X and doesn't install the update during boot. Any suggestions?

2. s0nicpr0s macrumors regular

s0nicpr0s

Just double checking, after the update downloads and prompts you to restart now (or later), it'll restart and just bring you back to the login screen without applying the update?

3. AwesomeRob thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah exactly, I don't think it downloaded the update to be honest, it would just tell me to restart and just bring me to the login screen so I just downloaded the update in http://support.apple.com/downloads

4. s0nicpr0s macrumors regular

s0nicpr0s

Is it installed for you now then?

I just wanted to check that it was initiating the restart. I know when installing updates on Windows you can restart it whenever you're ready, and it'll install them on it's own. But with OS X I've always made sure to let the App Store (or Software Update pre Lion) restart itself. I personally have no clue if telling it later and then restarting it by hand two minutes later would trigger the install... Something I should really look into.

5. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Have clicked on the Apple icon in the upper left hand > clicked on About this Mac, and see which OS is installed ?

Attached Files: