Mavericks and old Retinas

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vatter69, Oct 22, 2013.

1. vatter69 macrumors 6502a

vatter69

Just completed the update on my 13" with i7 and the only place where i can see some scrolling lag left is iTunes when scrolling through the covers. Everything else, smooth as butter.

Anyone else experience the same?

2. mattcube64 macrumors 65816

mattcube64

I updated my 2012 13" Retina MBP tonight from ML to Mavericks, and I definitely notice a huge improvement. The stuttering isn't completely gone... if you have a keen eye for catching UI lag, you'll still see it on sites like The Verge or Polygon. Even Jalopnik's GIF-heavy blog view chokes the system a bit. BUT(!), it's vastly improved over what I was getting with Mountain Lion. It used to stutter on everything - even MacRumors on occasion, or when transitioning to fullscreen. All that is gone, and it definitely feels like a new computer.

I wouldn't be surprised if early impressions are right, and the new 13" is completely lag free. I feel like my 4000 GPU is 90% there.... just a tad more power and things would be perfect. Though, for most the population, I imagine they'd be very happy with the performance I'm already getting.

3. hachiman macrumors regular

This new retina update will be my first retina. How are your old retinas doing with high def videos and light gaming like Starcraft 2?

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Didn't have much lag before and certainly I don't have any lag now! And my iTunes does lag, but it lags on every computer I use it on, mainly because it's too big and runs off a traditional external HDD.