Mavericks and White macbook 3,1

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by comda, Jul 21, 2015.

1. comda macrumors 6502a

comda

Greetings!

The mac in my signature is my daily driver for school! And i want to get something newer on it rather then 10.6.8 snow Leopard. Lion ran horribly on it. I got ML 10.8.4 on it and it was rather nice but still behind the times a bit now. Has anyone successfully with all drivers gotten Mavericks or even yosemite to work on this model?

Thanks

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

3. comda thread starter macrumors 6502a

comda

alright. clearly you arnt receiving the memo. it will run it just not authentically. you have to hack it. But i need help with that. As ive listed already, ive hacked mountain lion. the machine technically cant run that either yet i am

4. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

I also have tried out Mountain Lion on my MacBook4,1, which is newer than, but still the same overall limitations as your 3,1
    The problem, which if I understand it correctly is a stopper, is that Mavericks and newer won't run on the GMA X3100 graphics card, and (if you scan through the enormous threads for running "unsupported" systems on older hardware) it's not possible to overcome that graphics limitation to give you a usable system.
    End of story. You can go to Lion (Mountain Lion using the hacked installer that you found), but no further.