Mavericks asked me for my Apple ID

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Intelligent, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Intelligent macrumors 6502a

Intelligent

I just rebooted my computer and logged in to my user and then it said, do you want to add your apple id to your computer, and i said no, and then it said configuring mac. When i logged in i hade all my files everything was like normal, my safari windows were open. What happened? And iBooks was added to my dock? what?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Same thing here, I'm not sure what's going on

3. Intelligent, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014

Intelligent thread starter macrumors 6502a

Intelligent

weird? Maybe some kinda apple update, my terminal background disappeared and my screenshot location thing, and other small things like that.

----------

Do you know where these kinds of settings are stored? I really want to restore them.

I also checked my preferences folder from some days ago and its 400 files more than my today???

All my safari extensions are also removed and i can't go to any sites except macrumors

4. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Same here. Came out of the blue. I'm very curious to hear what's prompted this.

5. Intelligent thread starter macrumors 6502a

Intelligent

Come on! I just restarted my computer and i had this "reset" again!! what is happening?

6. m4v3r1ck, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2014

m4v3r1ck macrumors 68020

m4v3r1ck

Clean installed OS X 10.9 yesterday and I was asked for Apple ID and pw for the installation of iCloud on my MP 3.1. Never hesitated keying in. Received a mail that my Apple ID was used:

(translated from Dutch)
    Your Apple ID (***) was used to login on iMessage on a Mac Pro named “MACPRO”.
    Date and time: 5 april 2014, 12:42 uur PDT
    Operating System: Mac OS X,10.9,13A598

Since then it reboots without, but curious what caused your issues.