Mavericks Bluetooth Mouse Doom

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by mikebatho, May 23, 2014.

1. mikebatho macrumors 6502a

I'm beginning to think I've made a massive mistake upgrading - if that's what you'd call it, to Mavericks.

the last 24 hours since I installed it have been one issue after another.

The latest is my mouse. I restarted my imac earlier, and afterwards, my A1015 bluetooth mouse (working previously) couldn't be seen by my mac.

I searched online and found a couple of people saying I needed to delete a file called 'com.apple.Bluetooth' which I did. When I restarted again, after still not being able to pair my mouse, that file had come back, but there was still no connection.

I'm pretty close to going back to Snow Leopard. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Does Bluetooth appear in System Preferences? If not, this may actually be an issue with the system. You may need to take it to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Repair center for evaluation.

3. mikebatho thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, bluetooth appears in prefs, menu bar etc, I just get no connection when I try to search for bluetooth devices. Stupid bloody OS....

4. hologram macrumors 6502

5. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

The A1015 is the original wireless mouse, with Apple's classic one-button operation.
    Apple stopped selling that when the wireless Mighty Mouse was released in 2006.
    I'm guessing that support for an obsolete device was dropped.