Mavericks Boot up / Shutdown Times & Battery Info?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by iHenry, Oct 22, 2013.

1. iHenry, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013

iHenry macrumors member

iHenry

Any experiences or info about the Boot up or shutdown times, and Battery consumption?

As you know, Beta versions always differ in many ways from the Final Consumer release.

How does Mavericks compare to previous OSX versions?

2. crjackson2134 macrumors 68020

crjackson2134

It boots much faster on my Mac Pro, I don't have an Apple Lappy so I can't speak for battery time.

3. iHenry, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013

iHenry thread starter macrumors member

iHenry

My experience so far with my MBP 13" (early 2011) has been:
    - Snow Leopard was really fast, approximately 20 secs to Boot.
    - Lion was slower, from 45 secs. up to 1 minute sometimes. I didn't update to ML for it's slow start up time and famously infamous Battery drain (until they fixed it way later).

4. iHenry thread starter macrumors member

iHenry

5. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

I have a 2010 Unibody Macbook, and I feel like the battery life is a lot better than it was in ML. Of course, I've only been on here for an hour, but as of right now, I'm getting 6:11 remaining in battery life. It didn't take long to index my files either. Hopefully, it's able to keep this up.

6. iHenry thread starter macrumors member

iHenry

On 10.9.2:

Is it any faster now to start up or shut down?
    I would like to know what is the average times are now.

Has the Battery improved after the last updates to Mavericks?

7. hiddenmarkov macrumors 6502a

while I can get quantitative, lion to mavericks for normal use I do feel I get better power consumption.

My usual tasks would include web serfing and trying to relearn rusty programming skills so I have a few apps like a text editor and a terminal application open.

I take my MBP to work for lunchtime use or if on rainy days I take my son to an indoor playground. I have noticed since mavericks my battery percentage after say 1-2 hours of use is not as low.

My startup is a bit faster. My shutdown times however have gotten slower. BUt...I think thats me getting creative with some installs and other power user things. I am eyeing a fresh reinstall of maverick shortly to get a nice baseline again soon. In my case I violated rules drilled into me at work like some change control system to know what and how I did things documented. Mixed with I have tacked on a few cli only apps and other cli changes that aren't as easy to keep track as say the application window is.