Mavericks Bug

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JackieInCo, Aug 18, 2014.

1. JackieInCo macrumors 603

I have a 2010 whit MB that has Mavericks running on it. Occasionally it dies something where every app open will slide to the left just about 1/4th inch but the menu bar stays normal. I try to move the open window to its normal position but then the tight side falls off the dark space on the right as if that's the edge of the screen. I had to take a picture with my iPhone because screen cap won't work during this and many apps freeze also.

Even the desktop itself is slid over that much and only rebooting fixes it till next time.

Attached Files:

2. JackieInCo thread starter macrumors 603

Just had this happen again on my Mac Mini running Mavericks. Only way to fix it is to reboot.

Attached Files:

3. jeremysteele macrumors 6502

Hmm, can't say I've had that happen.

Any software installed on both that may install any extra drivers/services (vmware, parallels, photoshop, etc) ? Could be a software conflict... or could just be bad luck. :(

4. JackieInCo thread starter macrumors 603

It seems to happen when I am swiping using my Magic Trackpad. There is no way to move the desktop back and only rebooting fixes it. It's annoying but nothing too bad.

5. jeremysteele macrumors 6502

Does a log out-in work?

Hopefully it's been sorted out in Yosemite (and not replaced by another annoying bug, heh)

6. JackieInCo thread starter macrumors 603

I never thought of that. When I had this happen the first time when I started this thread, the whole computer locked up so I had to hit the power button. It's why I took a picture of it instead of a screen cap.

I'll try logging out and back in next time.