Mavericks discoloration and fonts

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by PavelT, Oct 22, 2013.

1. PavelT macrumors member

i just updated. did anyone notice how the app icons appear darker in color and the fonts is the osx look a bit different?:apple:

2. Gallion, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013

Gallion macrumors member

YES! I am very annoyed by all of this. What the hell?
    I'll try to import the color profile I had on 10.7, though I am not too hopeful.

If anyone can tell me how to revert to thicker fonts, please tell me. I can't read crap with this new font.

Edit : Don't bother, importing a color profile didn't change anything.

They broke the colors! My external monitor suffers the same fate even though I'm using the same color profile.

Top is Mavericks, bottom is Lion
    [​IMG]

Left is Lion, right is Mavericks.
    [​IMG]

3. PavelT thread starter macrumors member

thanks so much for noticing!, i am very annoyed as well!!! i had mountain lion. the colors in mavericks are so saturated, and thin. (looks like a windows xp icon, rather than osx) its not easy on the eyes.

4. Kobayagi macrumors 6502a

Kobayagi

I noticed the exact same thing.
    If you're using a external monitor, check the calibration. Mine got switched to a new one after the Mavericks install...
    I had a custom made one which I suited me and after the instal two new safed calibrations appeared and one of them was being used. I tried switching back to my old one, but that one just looks too bright now, no idea what is going on.

5. Gallion macrumors member

I used the same custom profile which I imported from my old install for my external display. I couldn't even recalibrate both my laptop display and my external display to look anything like what I had before. Mavericks really screwed up the colors, as you can see in my screenshots. It seems to really be a matter of the color values themselves being altered in some way.

If anyone knows how to address this issue please tell us.