Mavericks download mirrors?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by shample, Aug 24, 2014.

1. shample macrumors newbie

Just wondering if any one knew of a some mirrors to download mavericks.

I've been having difficultiy reinstalling a OS to my Macbook pro since I lost my installer disk and I'm not able to download OSX Lion for some reason online. I'm working in recovery mode and hoping to create a thumb drive installer through there but I have no idea where I could download mavericks from besides the App store.

If any one could show me a website (or download mavericks to a file share site for me) I'd be very grateful. Also I should add that I'm willing to try any other OS besides mavericks as long as it's about 10.6.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You can only download 10.9 via Apple. Downloading it from any other site is considered piracy and is not allowed to be discussed on MacRumors.

3. shample thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow so we can talk about Jail breaking iphones but not file sharing of a free OS?

Know of a website that will allow this?

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Jailbreaking is legal in the US, where MacRumors is hosted. 10.9 maybe free, but it is still copyrighted under US law and is thus not allowed to be redistributed by anyone other than the copyright holder or those expressly authorized by the copyright holder.

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

What year model Mac are you on? How are you getting into recovery mode? Sounds like you at least have Lion recovery and you should be able to install that then update to Mavericks afterward.

6. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Try using OS X Internet Recovery if your Mac supports it then updating to OS X Mavericks. Directly downloading Mavericks from a third party is against the End User License Agreement (EULA).