Mavericks download using Windows

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by bodatoon, Jan 20, 2014.

1. bodatoon macrumors newbie

is there a way for me to download Mavericks on a Windows PC? I don't have a decent connection at home so i want to download it in the office. I just want to download it on my Windows PC and then install it on my Mac.

2. tywebb13 macrumors 68000

Yeah. You can run snow leopard server in virtualbox on a windows PC and download mavericks with that.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Nope, unless as stated you install OSX in vmware. You need OSX to download it from the Mac App Store.

4. tywebb13 macrumors 68000

I don't think he can use vmware. That only runs on mac. Virtualbox can do it on windows.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Vmware had windows products years before they released fusion, infact that's how they started, by creating virtualization technologies for windows.
    http://www.vmware.com/products/workstation/

6. tywebb13 macrumors 68000

7. bodatoon thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the info. i've downloaded vmware... now i can't find os before mavericks... any links you know?

8. tywebb13, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014

tywebb13 macrumors 68000

There is a download of snow leopard server available on the mac dev center.

The trouble with Lion and Mountain Lion is that to get them from apple, you can only get them on the mac app store after purchasing a redemption code.

Apple used to sell a usb for Lion, but don't anymore. Maybe you can get one on ebay though.

This is a good example of why apple should have continued to sell usbs for lion, mountain lion and mavericks. It would have made things a lot easier for situations like this.