Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Designed4Mac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
I Wish I Knew
Hi all.

After toying with Mavericks for the past few weeks i decided to wipe my external running Mavericks a do a clean install from DP1. For some reason i cannot get past DP4. It freezes at the Apple logo at boot.

My question is do i have to install all of the DP's from 1-8 or can i install DP1 and jump straight to DP8.

w0lf

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2013
USA
You should be able to go from dp1 to dp8 in one go with a combo update but if you go through the app store you will have to do them 1 by 1 all the way from 1 to 8.

Also since I'm assuming you're not a dev and there is no link sharing googling "OS X Mavericks 10.9 DP7 Build 13A569 Combo" will get you where you need to go. All I saw was a dp7 combo but that will still save you about 8GB of downloading the same stuff and several hours of time.

Last edited:

MeUnix

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2013
San Francisco
I did a clean install as well, and went ahead and downloaded the DP4 which was around 4.95 GB and each version afterwards averaged about 1 GB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.