Mavericks DP6 this week?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Risco, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Risco macrumors 68000

Risco

I was hoping tonight, but it is not looking likely. Do you think we will have one, specifically with updated reminders / contacts and notes apps and icons?

2. mattburley7 macrumors 68030

if anything we would get DP6 next week with iOS 7 beta 6.

i don't think they will be updating those icons either.. will be waiting for the next major release of OS X unfortunately.

3. ScottishDuck macrumors 6502a

ScottishDuck

4. Eithanius macrumors 65816

With the amount of bugs on DP5, the next release is kinda far from GM... If it is a GM release, it's ML all over again... things will probably get more screwy after 10.9.2... :D:D

5. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

GM? We are far away from it. The current beta has many bugs and I believe Apple needs at least a month or two of testing before releasing Mavericks. I believe (and hope - judging by the state of Mavericks at the moment) we should see Mavericks in late October/beginning of November.
    I prefer if Apple fixes all bugs first before release. There are things that do not work well for the moment.

6. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

I don't see the GM coming out until october, final release towards the end of october.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Doubtful - Apple stated the fall
    [​IMG]

8. Risco thread starter macrumors 68000

Risco

9. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Hopefully so. Was really looking forward to this and iOS 7 beta 7 today. Already let down on one front, hopefully at least we see a Mavericks up date today. :(

10. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

11. jpeezy macrumors regular

Agreed!

12. MikhailT macrumors 601

I think there's a very good chance that Apple's done with the public beta testing and is going to GM both iOS and Mavs next month right before the media event.

They usually do this in the past as well, so it is not something that's new.

13. ironman159, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2013

ironman159 macrumors regular

ironman159

Considering how much bugs are still present in DP5 I highly doubt it. And I also doubt Apple would hold fixes from reaching the developers just to get a month without iOS betas or Developer Previews and go straight to the GM.

14. DARCmattr macrumors newbie

I just hope it comes out earlier than late fall :(

Attached Files:

15. MikhailT macrumors 601

Sure they would withhold fixes, they have done it in the past and they will absolutely ship it even with bugs if they didn't fix all of the bugs. There is a reason many folks wait for x.2 or later updates before trying the new OS.

From what I have heard, there is nothing that is a show-stopper,, they know about scroll event bug in DP5 since they wrote about it before releasing DP5 but the rest they already received in the last few weeks of bug reports. They have all the info they need to fix as much as they can until Sept.

16. JohnDoe98 macrumors 68020

Well given they said Mavericks would be released in the fall and that is still 4 1/2 weeks away, and given they will want to provide the GM to developers so that those developers can put the final touches on updating their software before the official launch of 10.9, my guess is the earliest we will see the GM is at the iPhone even on september 10th, possibly even later. But that leaves 2 1/2 weeks until then, and it's already been 2 weeks since the last DP, and each DP was released bi-weekly. So my guess is we will see another DP either this week or early next week. And if 10.9 only launches in October, we might even see two more DPs before the GM. I can't see why Apple would want to hold newer builds of 10.9 from developers. The smoother the DPs run for the developers, the easier it is for them to get their apps working properly with it, which just makes for a better public launch.

17. rayhigh macrumors member

Seconded.

18. hacra macrumors newbie

19. ironman159 macrumors regular

ironman159

To all those thinking Apple would go straight to GM: DP6 is out :D

20. spiezer macrumors member

Scrolling is back to normal!

No more freezing when scrolling back and forth between apps. :D

21. jeremiah239 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah239

1.62GB over here!:eek: