Mavericks dual screen setup - stop inactive menu bar transparency

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by DayVe3000, Jan 28, 2014.

1. DayVe3000 macrumors member

Guys,
    Running Mavericks with a dual display setup - The (active) display you work on has a Opaque menu bar - something I've selected in options, but this doesn't stop the second menu bar from going faint transparent (to signify this is the in-active display).

I'd like both menu bars to remain opaque - Is anyone aware of a simple way to achieve this?

Sorry - might sound an insignificant problem, but its driving me nuts.

2. TsunamiTheClown macrumors 6502a

TsunamiTheClown

I can see how this can be annoying, but more often than not, the menu bars on my dual screen setup are for different applications, i.e.. Safari and Source Tree for example.

As the more opaque menu bar is the application that has focus at the moment, I'm not sure that you can have the menu bars both retain the same transparency and still be different application's menus.

Perhaps there is a setting that will control how transparent the non-active menu bar is but they will probably be from different applications non-the-less.

3. DayVe3000 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah - So generally I will have two separate applications open (one in each window). But its just annoying that on the non-active desktop you can see half my wallpaper behind a transparent menu bar.

I don't want any transparency - I was hoping someone had a quick fix. :confused:

4. DayVe3000 thread starter macrumors member

5. Random Chaos macrumors member

I'd love to know the answer to this too. The semi-transparent secondary monitor menu bars just don't work with the types of backgrounds I use. I'd rather have something that is just grayed out rather than screwing with opacity.

I want the new monitor features of Mavericks, just not the ugly menu bar.

6. Ritsuka macrumors 6502a

There is always the hacky solution: draw a black box on the wallpaper.