Mavericks friendly Printers

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Arborist, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Arborist macrumors newbie

Since most printers are PC centric, here's what I'm looking for:
    A multi-function printer that includes software that works with a Mac.
    A small footprint since this printer will be used in an RV (space is limited)
    Any suggestion will be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Arborist;)

2. LV426 macrumors 6502a

I've been very happy with my small Epson.

Since it supports "AirPrint" (make sure you see this printed on the box), it's a doddle to use with Apple equipment. I can print and scan from my MacBook, as well as print from my iPad/iPhone.

Some printer manufacturers offer an awful kludge where you install an app on an iOS device and do printing through that. Avoid. Look for AirPrint support.

3. oldhifi macrumors 6502a

oldhifi

4. mvmanolov macrumors 6502a

i use an old brother and its great... you can use preview to scan and if you need air print capability just fork out the $10 and get yourself "handy print" it's a little app that serves as a air-print server and will make any printer directly attached or network attached air-print capable :)

5. Cubytus macrumors 65816

Are you considering laser or inkjet printers? Because a laser's inrush current may well fry your power inverter if not large enough.

6. doobydoooby macrumors newbie

I would suggest you avoid canon printers and scanners if you tend to uograde your Mac OS whenever new releases come out. I've found to my cost that after about three years since manufacture, canon stop supporting their old printers and scanners with new OS X drivers, so they build in obsolescence to their older models just by not allowing them to work with the latest os.

7. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

I got a multi-function Brother laser printer based of a recommendation here. Brother has "special" drivers for it on the on their website to make it work with Mavericks.

8. Arborist thread starter macrumors newbie

Think Smaller

Thanks for the feedback!
    I liked the Epson, but I have to have a smaller footprint for this inkjet.
    Thanks Folks,
    Arborist