Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

infoseeker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2013
Hi There developers.

I am a total newbie so excuse me if my question is in any way silly.

I am concerned primarily with GUI response/performance of the pro apps Logic Pro 9.1.8. & Logic Pro X under Mavericks?:confused:

So hoping some of you could perhaps report back on these apps.

I am running a Mid-2010 mac pro 8-Core and my primary concern is for the performance of mavericks on this model mac.

Logic pro 9.1.8 had some serious GUI lag that affected only certain users in the world, me being one of them. The effects were meter and multimeter graphic feedback lag. Generally a laggy experience and unworkable.

Logic Pro X was much better but I am hoping that overall when coming to these two app that the GUI will be more responsive and snappy just as it was in Snow Leopard.

For those of you who care, this lag issue lasted for more than a year (and is still an issue for user such as myself) with numerous pleas to apple and failed attempts at solving it for all users under Mountain Lion 10.8.4. using LP9.

See apple forum, a 60 page discussion: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4142085?start=0&tstart=0

Anything that you guys can report back on regarding these pro apps would be enormously appreciated.

Thx

wesk702

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2007
The hood
Yeah, it's super annoying. I've got a 6 core nMP, and the GUI is just so choppy and laggy it's frustrating. Ableton Live 9 runs butter smooth though. It's a shame Apple can't even get their flagship apps even performing on par with the third party ones. The worst is seeing its legacy plugin's GUI not even update for Logic X. Really poor workmanship. The GUI mess and lack of responsiveness even on their flagship nMP is a pretty bad show. Disappointed, a word I'm beginning to feel to comfortable with as a Mac owner lately.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
am running LX on a 13" macbook pro, 2.4 i5, 8 gigs ram, and ssd. no GUI issues. am having my best overall logic experience with this setup (altho i am planning an i7 macbook pro soon...).

BrandonDuhon

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2013
Does anyone know if Logic X fixes the GUI lag problem that exists in Logic 9? Is there any difference at all?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.