Mavericks Installer showing up in Launchpad not Apps folder

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by nylon, Oct 22, 2013.

1. nylon macrumors 6502a

nylon

So I officially downloaded the Mavericks installer, however, the installer is showing up in the launchpad but not the apps folder. Any ideas as to the location of the installer file.

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

The Launchpad is actually a GUI of your applications/utilities folders. It should be in your applications folder.

It's labeled Install OSX Mavericks and should have popped up after downloading it.

3. MacUser2525 macrumors 68000

MacUser2525

Open Spotlight start typing in "Install OS X Mavericks.app" no " and it should find it.

4. nylon thread starter macrumors 6502a

nylon

None of the above worked but I figured it out. It was placed in the /Volumes/Install OS X Mavericks. Strange!

5. Bear macrumors G3

My download is called "OS X Mavericks:" and is in /Applications

Note: It won't show up in finder until the download is complete. If you go into terminal and list the contents of /Applications it shows up as "OS X Mavericks.appdownload" during the download.

6. nylon thread starter macrumors 6502a

nylon

My download was called 'Install OS X Mavericks.app' and was downloaded from the app store. It was not stored in the Apps folder but in /Volumes folder, as stated above. However, this could have been because I downloaded it on a Mavericks machine. I had the 1st GM build of Mavericks already installed.