Mavericks: It's the Little Things....

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Keukasmallie, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Keukasmallie macrumors regular

Keukasmallie

When I click the Bookmarks icon in the tool bar, both Bookmarks and Reading List open. Prior to Mavericks, one need only click the icon again and the column would close; now it requires Clicking on the word Bookmarks at the top of the screen, then clicking on Hide Bookmarks.

To add a page to Reading List, one must drag the address to the RL column whereas in ML a click would do the trick.

Not weighty issues, nothing that will send a tremor through the Board Room in Cupertino, but irritants none the less.

Have you found any....?

2. LV426 macrumors 6502a

With Safari in full screen mode, sliding the mouse to the top of the window reveals a Bookmarks button (assuming you have this enabled. If not, right-click the toolbar to customise it). Toggling this button reveals or hides the bookmarks/reading list pane. No need to click the Bookmarks menu.

3. Keukasmallie thread starter macrumors regular

Keukasmallie

4. glhughes macrumors regular

My list of "little things" that I have run into so far:
    1. DNS domain search suffix lost after sleep/wake
    2. Ignoring LDAP-specified mount points; have to use fstab on local box
    3. Power settings are completely ignored
    4. New "light gray" dock background so low-contrast as to be unusable (can't see app indicators)
    5. Can't see the I-bar / text cursor on dark backgrounds (like terminal)
    6. Scrolling is super touchy / finicky compared to 10.8
    7. Graphics seems slower, e.g. the flyout of a docked folder is jumpy/choppy

Add to this the fact that several macports ports are broken again (not sure why they have to change file locations and standard headers all the time) and I'm quite disappointed with this "upgrade" so far. Apple dropped the ball on this one.