Mavericks LCD color profile

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Miltz, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Miltz macrumors 6502

I was happy to see that Apple Finally addressed the color profile issue with the macbook air and LG Screen. I hope this holds true for those with AOC screens, and maybe they adjusted the samsung profile too... My screen now looks great. It's a bit brighter and more vivid than the custom LG profile I was using and overall a better visual experience. It's about time..lol

2. vicynic macrumors member

Yeah, I noticed an increase in color contrast. It was ok before, but now I definitely won't be needing a custom color profile. The default profile does the trick.

3. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

4. Buran macrumors 6502

Buran

I always calibrate my screen no matter how good it looks with the default profile. Every display is just slightly different from the next, and every individual person has different color perception.

5. evorc macrumors 6502

evorc

This was my initial reaction upon booting up after upgrade. I thought for a second I had my calibration profile set. I checked and it was the default! I'm happy, well done apple. I checked the lcd black boxes test and most are visible while having a greater contrast than before.

6. robdrj45 macrumors member

The new default setting does seem a lot better, IMO.