Mavericks Mail.App handling Gmail

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Dorv, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Dorv macrumors regular

I'm still trying to get my head around the new ways Mail.app is handling Gmail.

The latest oddity is that some of the Rules I have set up to make the universal inbox a little easier to manage. I have rules set up for each of my different accounts to change the background of the email to specific colors.

I've had a bastard of a time getting this working right since upgrading to the GM.

Even when I control-click a single email and Apply Rules, nothing happens. Mainly an issue with one specific account, which would naturally be my main account.

thoughts?

2. MacGod macrumors regular

MacGod

My problem is that when I move a message from the inbox to a subfolder (labels in Gmail Speak), the mail.app doesn't remove the INBOX label and it will reappear in minutes.

* sigh *

3. rfkirk macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem. Before Mavericks I was able to use OSX Mail.app to manage the inbox and folders (labels) of my Gmail (IMAP) account. Now when I read a message and move it to a folder, it re-appears in the inbox of Mail.app a few minutes later.

If I look at Gmail via a web browser (Chrome or Safari) the emails I read and moved to folders are back in the inbox with the labels (names of the folders) added to them but still in the inbox, instead of having been moved into the folders where I moved them in Mail.app.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts, but at this point Mail.app is unusable for Gmail if you make use of folders.

4. pinkoos macrumors regular

5. rfkirk macrumors newbie

Thanks that article helps explains a lot for correcting the issues and or provides a useful work around.

Thanks