Mavericks Mail / Safari issues / Maps issues

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by benjietv, Oct 24, 2013.

1. benjietv macrumors newbie

Maps not loading at all on my macbook. Page does not render at all. Wondered if anybody else has experienced this ?. Safari is virtually unusable as some pages will not load at all, or when they do they are incomplete. Facebook for example will load but then I can't scroll down the page. Have reverted to using Google Chrome which seems fine.
    All of my flagged and VIP mail is missing in the Mail app.

Anybody else experienced any similar issues with any of the above. Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

I have a late 2008 Macbook and just maxed it out to 8mb Ram and fitted a 1TB hard drive so hoping I have enough space etc.

Thanks

2. cpuin macrumors member

I just have made a fresh reinstallation of Mavericks (not upgrade), zero-out format.Mavericks install.

Unfortunately when i tried to import Safari bookmarks Safari stacked.Force quit.After that Safari started work very weird super slow.I have entered with CMD+R in recovery mode and checked permissions.I was surprised that a lot of permissions after fresh installation were messed.I fixed them but Safari still opens super slow and doesn't work properly!

3. irnchriz macrumors 65816

irnchriz

Create a new user on your MacBook and try maps /mail etc. if it works move your stuff to the new user and bin the old one