Mavericks, menu bar problems

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by photogineer, Oct 29, 2013.

1. photogineer macrumors newbie

So, I caved and bought my 2012 Mac Mini, which came from the store with 10.8.3 installed, and fired up the App Store, and installed 10.9, so far I'm loving it, especially given how well the AirPlay display extender works with my Apple TV. They're both on gigabit and it's fantastic for fullscreening videos on the TV. The problem is, the menubar sits on top of the videos all the time, which is frustrating. I found a tip online to disable separate spaces for displays and it went away, but now if I'm watching something on the TV, I'm restricted to using one space at the desk.

So, worst case, being a former Windows user, I can make due with one space, but I'd like to have separate Spaces for each display, and no menu bar on the secondary displays, is that possible? Alternatively, I'm alright with the menu bar being there as long as it doesn't insist on sitting on top of the video feed.

So, do I have any options?

2. MacUser2525 macrumors 68000

MacUser2525

I seen posting earlier today that said if you quit the app you were running then made sure you opened it from the dock on the second monitor when it goes into full screen the menu bar disappears, give that a try.