Mavericks Multi-Display Feature Question

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Black Magic, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Black Magic, Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013

Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

So I have my MacBook Pro connected to my 27in Monitor via RGB Display adapter and it works great. One thing I noticed though is that I do not see the dock on both displays unless I'm doing mirroring. I thought docks showing up on the other non-mirrored displays was a new feature like Windows 8. Am I missing something?

2. Black Magic thread starter macrumors 68000

Black Magic

3. benwiggy macrumors 68020

The default config for two monitors is each monitor as a space. Each will have a menubar at the top and a Dock at the bottom.
    If you have the Dock on the sides, then you only get one Dock.

If each monitor is not a Space, then tick the box in Mission Control prefs.

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Actually it's just one Dock. This keeps coming up and was a BIG question in The Beta seed testing. Apple didn't communicate it well.

To move the Dock go to the Display and click on it or an App running on it. Then bounce the pointer off the bottom of the screen a couple (or more) times. Also you can locate the Pointer near the bottom of the screen and then one finger swipe starting from above the top of the Trackpad.

5. Alrescha macrumors 68020

6. benwiggy macrumors 68020

Ah, fair enough.
    I have my Dock on the right-hand side of my second monitor, and its mostly hidden, so I was going off what I'd read, not my experience, which I assumed to be different. :eek:

7. Black Magic thread starter macrumors 68000

Black Magic

Ah, I did what you said and the dock moves easy enough. Was hoping that the dock would just show up in both spaces automatically like Windows 8 but I guess I misinterpreted the new display feature.

Thanks for the info.