Mavericks not downloading from App Store

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AShipway, Nov 5, 2013.

1. AShipway macrumors newbie

I have attempted several times to download Mavericks from the App Store onto my 2010 Mac Mini running OS 10.8.5. Every time the launchpad says it's "Waiting..." and nothing more happens even after several hours. Any insights out there?

2. jaduff46 macrumors regular

jaduff46

Same thing happened with me. Tried several times over a couple of nights and it finally came down. Thought it might have been because I was doing it over wireless.

3. Raima macrumors 6502

This is the main cause for failed downloads.

4. AShipway thread starter macrumors newbie

Download still not working with ethernet connection

I'm having the same problem with ethernet connection. How do you restart the download if it's stuck in "Waiting..." mode?

5. Corrosive vinyl macrumors 6502

Corrosive vinyl

from this wired article: here

If it seems like your free copy of Mavericks has been downloading forever, you're not alone. Open up Launchpad to get the current status of the download. There you'll see the Mavericks download with a grayed-out icon and its current status. If it says Paused, just click on the icon to continue the download.

If the download still isn't working, launch Launchpad again and locate the Mavericks update. Instead of clicking to resume the download, hold down Option and the app icons will begin jiggling like they do in iOS. Click on the tiny x that appears on the Mavericks update to delete the download. Head to the App Store and start the download over. This seems to work for most users.

6. AShipway thread starter macrumors newbie

Can't Delete Mavericks download in Launchpad

RE: "If the download still isn't working, launch Launchpad again and locate the Mavericks update. Instead of clicking to resume the download, hold down Option and the app icons will begin jiggling like they do in iOS. Click on the tiny x that appears on the Mavericks update to delete the download. Head to the App Store and start the download over. This seems to work for most users."

I tried to delete the Mavericks download in Launchpad by holding down Option, clicking the "x" and selecting delete, but it would not delete with several attempts and I was not able to start a new download from the App Store as a result. The only way I am able to restart the download is to reboot the system. My download status has never gone beyond "Waiting..." Any ideas?

7. AShipway thread starter macrumors newbie

Issue Resolved

Download is proceeding normally in safe boot mode