Mavericks on 2009 Xserve

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by jdphoto, Jan 13, 2014.

1. jdphoto macrumors 6502

jdphoto

Has anyone been able to get the CPU lights on their Xserve to work following an upgrade to Mavericks (with server app)? Mine are no longer functioning.

2. BMWE46MeetM3 macrumors newbie

BMWE46MeetM3

Who is able to get back working those CPU lights with Mavericks or even Mountain lion

I recently got an Xserve 2009 and I notified that after upgrading it snow leopard server lights CPU were gone , so I went closer and took a look at it so I found that the process who was responsible of this process was HWMOND I'm guessing that there is not kext involved with it ...

So here is what I did :

On snow leopard server I went to /usr/sbin/ and took out the HWMOND executable
    and then went to System/Library/LaunchDaemon/ and took out also the com.apple.hwmond.plist and past it into a Lion server ( /usr/sbin/ and System/Library/LaunchDaemon/ to the same spot they were in snow leopard , after reboot the lights were back again ...yes

Then I wanted to do it with Mountain and Mavericks , but it looks that It is no longer working with the two

So here is there somebody that can help me out to retrieve the lights back working on the server again

Thank you