Mavericks on mid 2009 MacBook Air ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Latamac, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Latamac macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

I have a mid 2009 MacBook Air (2MB Ram, 128 GB HD), running Snow Leopard. I am wondering if I should upgrade to Mavericks, or if I should just stay put with SL. Has anyone with the same or a similar computer upgraded, and if so, can you tell me about your experience?

Also, if I do upgrade to Mavericks and decide that I don't like it, am I right to think that it should be easy enough to just wipe out my HD and do a restore from my last Time Machine Backup under Snow Leopard?

Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

2. Jacksonc macrumors 6502

Jacksonc

Mavericks is great! If you want to downgrade, restoring from time machine should be easy.

3. mpantone macrumors 6502

My strong hunch is that 2GB of RAM will not provide an enjoyable Mavericks user experience. I use Lion on an old MacBook (circa 2006) that has 4GB RAM and I wouldn't be caught dead using this thing with only 2GB of RAM. And that's with an OS that debuted over two years ago.

But if you have a Time Machine backup, who cares? Go for it, you can always revert back to the previous OS from your Time Machine snapshot.

4. robvas macrumors 68020

Would be nice to see benchmarks of 2GB vs 4GB vs 8GB between Mountain Lion and Mavericks.