Mavericks or Hardware? Recovery Mode Safari graphics issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Branskins, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Branskins macrumors 65816

I posted this in the Mavericks forum but realized I am more interested in hearing from people with the late 2013 rMBP only

My last two models have this issue in the Recovery mode version of Safari, so I am curious if this is a hardware issue or in Mavericks

- Go into Recovery Mode (cmd+R when booting up)
    - Select Get Help Online
    - Does the Safari window search bar flicker or does the screen flicker anywhere else?
    - Open the Yahoo tab, do you see any odd graphical artifacts? Try scrolling up and down and see if anything odd happens

Sorry for the duplicate topic, but I figured the question is better here as I can target people that use the same computer and not just everyone that uses Mavericks

2. jafingi macrumors 65816

jafingi

Mavericks issue. But why do you care about graphical glitches in recovery mode? :confused:

3. Branskins thread starter macrumors 65816

Because with my original computer, the engineer asked me to go into Safari in recovery mode and I said I had this issue and he said it was not normal.

But then my replacement has it too, so we maybe thought it was a software issue.

The best way to figure it out is to ask others if they see this too, since I haven't heard anyone say anything,

You saw it? Do you have a dGPU or just Iris?

4. james2538 macrumors member

I have this issue on a Late 2013 Macbook Pro with the NVIDIA GPU, Mavericks pre-installed.

I haven't tested it in recovery mode but this issue occurs for me in Safari-Only guest mode. I assume recovery and guest mode Safari are the same.

I get the flashing address bar and scroll wheel whenever I move on the page.