Mavericks (PDF) Preview alternative for Markup with Hotkeys

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Anion, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Anion, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2014

Anion macrumors newbie

Hi everyone!

I know alternatives for Preview in Mavericks have already been discussed. However, I did not find any suggestions for PDF Annotation software that offers a userinterface built to markup text quickly and hundreds of times within one document with different colors and types.

What I require is a slim interface, but with the possibility to change between markup colors and types (highlight/underline) with just one click - or even better - a hotkey!

I reckon that there are plenty of other people who read articles on their mac and have the same problem. Hence there must be some solution, since Mavericks Preview requires one to click two times and if you do this with hundreds of articles withs amounts to a tremendous workflow deterioration.

Thanks for any advice! :)

Anion

2. Anion thread starter macrumors newbie

Am I seriously the only power user of pdf annotation software? :rolleyes:

3. superscape macrumors 6502a

superscape

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. Preview lets you annotate using hot keys, doesn't it? Tools>Annotate

I suspect I'm misunderstanding your problem. Can you explain in more detail please?

4. Anion thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, Preview only offers the option to switch between basic annotation tools like highlight text and underline text. But there's no option to switch between specific colors of highlighting with hotkeys (e.g. shift+cmd+1 for red, shift-cmd-2 for blue...). It only offers to switch to "highlight text" in general.