Mavericks performance on Macbook Pro mid 2007?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by supolka, Oct 24, 2013.

1. supolka macrumors newbie

Did anybody install Mavericks on Macbook Pro mid 2007? What is performance? Slower or quicker than Lion? Because animation on Lion was not smooth... Thank you for your advice.

2. outlin macrumors newbie

I did.
    The performance is ok.
    Same as what I had in Mountain Lion.
    However, I noticed my battery life get 10% extension, even my battery is aged.

P.S. I changed my hard disk to SSD. This significantly improves my MBP performance.

3. rsxmachine macrumors 6502

I installed a gm and macbook would crash everyday and restart. This happened with ML too right when it came out but apple fixed it. I went back to latest ML and all is good. Scared to install again, too much work going back.

4. supolka thread starter macrumors newbie

5. double329 macrumors 6502

This might not answer your question, but I just want say that my second gen 13 Air run extremely well after installing Maverick, very smooth and fast. Waking up from sleep is quick also. It is right getting new machine all together.

6. Hepatical macrumors newbie

Hi

I have a 2007 MBP with 2.2GHz CPU, 128MB Nvidia 8600mGT, 6GB RAM, Samsung 830 256GB SSD.

I went from Lion to Mountain Lion last year and everything was much smoother and quicker, and the same happened here going from ML to Mavericks. Nice and fluid, no hiccups whatsoever.

The 6GB of RAM are a bit of an extra, you shouldn't need it to have a good experience with normal multitasking. I only fully use it when working with huge files, which is rare.

Average running temperatures have decreased by around 6ºC and I get 1.3 hours of battery life at half brightness, due to overall lower processor usage. I have noticed that Safari 7 is about 15% lighter on the CPU than Chrome 30.

You were mostly concerned with graphics and animations fluidity: what I have observed is that it all runs perfectly smoothly on my system.

Hope it helps