Mavericks Quicklook Crashing

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by thecounthahaha, Nov 28, 2014.

1. thecounthahaha macrumors regular

Hi,

In the last week or so I did a load of updates to both of my computers, but one of them now has the finder crashing on me. The other mac is fine so I'm perplexed as to what it could be...

It is on 10.9.5 and the symptoms are:

When in quicklook text files and folder are ok. Finder crashes when using quicklook on an audio file.
    When in column view, the preview pane crashes finder when clicked on an audio file.
    Copying audio in the finder is fine as long as you don't use a view mode which involves quicklook.
    Using other software which utilises the quicklook feature (Importing audio in Protools) crashes that software.

After some googling I tried a few things all of which haven't worked:

Safemode has same issues
    Removing all of the login items had no effect
    Trashing finder prefs did nothing (didn't notice any changes at all)
    Replacing the QTkit and Quicktime frameworks with older TM versions had no effect.
    http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...rashes-finder-but-only-audio-video-files.html

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what it could be. I'm very happy to try whatever you think might be the issue, even if I've done it before - I might have missed something! My last resort is restoring from a TM backup, but I'd rather know what the issue is before doing so in case it happens again.

Thanks very much!

2. thecounthahaha thread starter macrumors regular