Mavericks Recovery Update 1.0

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by tywebb13, Jul 11, 2013.

1. tywebb13 macrumors 68000

If you installed a recovery partition in your installation of DP1 you might want the new Mavericks Recovery Update 1.0 apple released today.

2. Mr. Retrofire macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

Description & Link:
    That means probably no big changes in CoreStorage in DP4 and newer. CoreStorage versions in older 10.9 DPs had problems with certain disk images, and probably other bugs.

3. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Eugh. Thanks for that! Was having so many issues with the recovery the other day. :rolleyes:

4. benji888 macrumors 65816

benji888

Running software update after new hard drive restore from backup...why am I getting this now, after betas are done?

I had a HDD problem and finally have a successful restore from TM backup, but, first one did not work. I tried to do the command-r on restart to do recovery, but it kept going to internet recovery instead of from my TM backup.
    See here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1678480

So, should I install this update?

I get no details on what this update is or when it became available, it just seems like something that should have been included with the public release of mavericks, and since I never had a beta on my mac ... :confused:

5. tywebb13 thread starter macrumors 68000

6. aol macrumors newbie

Internet Recovery creates the recovery partition

Instead of creating a bootable USB stick or fiddling with downloading the recovery HD update, if you boot while holding COMMAND+R while on a wifi or ethernet network, you can use Internet Recovery to reinstall Mavericks to a 2013 rMBP and this process will create the recovery partition. Here's a link to the Apple Support page: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4718

7. tywebb13 thread starter macrumors 68000

That's not going to work for the developer previews.