Mavericks Release?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by imjoee, Oct 15, 2013.

1. imjoee macrumors 6502

imjoee

Is Mavericks coming out the Oct 22 for the public?

2. Bear macrumors G3

Coming out the 22nd? Probably not.

Release data announced on the 22nd? Probably.

3. OpTic Jayex macrumors regular

OpTic Jayex

Im hoping for a Release Date soon. I'm running an Early 2008 iMac. Would love to run Mavericks on this machine.

4. GrumpyGeek macrumors regular

I also can't wait for the release but i think it will just be announced on the 22nd..

5. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

So buggy for me on my mid-2012 rMBP that Im hoping some updates are made to the GM before release.

6. PeterHolbrook macrumors 6502a

??? It isn't buggy for me on my unsupported 2006 Mac Pro 1,1, but, even if it were buggy, most of the blame would probably be on my system, not the operating system per se. So, no, it won't happen. GM means no more "updates" until 10.9.1.

7. bwat47 macrumors regular

No problems here on 2013 MBA, seems pretty good as far as .0 releases go. Afaik, OSX gm's are almost always the final release. I'm sure there will be a .1 bugfix update shortly after release though, like always.

8. nicroma macrumors 6502a

nicroma

I think we'll see a release on the 22nd. The GM will have been out for bit by then.

9. MarcusCarpenter macrumors 6502a

MarcusCarpenter

If you can't wait for public release, download the GM from wherever, install (if you have time now and not when public is released etc) then just purchase it on the MAS when its available for public. This is what I've done since SL even though Devs get it free.

10. lwilliams macrumors regular

lwilliams

If the GM is installed, will the public release install from the App store without issue....just download and install?

11. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

Correct sir.

12. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Sigh.

The GM is the public release.

13. Bear macrumors G3

Actually, I would have said that the public release will be the same as the GM version. Especially since Mavericks is not released to the public yet.

14. lwilliams macrumors regular

lwilliams

Ok. I thought so, but wasn't sure. With all the talk and ambiguity I thought there may have been some difference. I see people talking about problems in the GM that will be fixed in the retail......

But, then again, you know how information in forums can be.....:)

15. MeUnix macrumors 6502

Honestly, I think the release date will be announced the 22nd (though I think it will be short after the 22nd).

But then again... who knows :p

- Kyle

16. jtfolden macrumors 6502

jtfolden

I'm not sure what the deal is but this year there has been a little cabal of clueless people on the forums insistent on spreading the misinformation that the GM and public release are two different items, despite the fact they have been one and the same since OS X and iOS were introduced. There have been a couple of instances where a new GM build had to be created to replace the original due to show stopping bugs but that has NEVER been the norm.

17. Manic Harmonic macrumors 6502

That has been the general consensus, I think people are just confusing "there is a small chance that the a new GM could to be created before the official release" with "GM is not the official release." There are a lot of bugs in the GM, but none so far (for me) that are any worse than previous GM's, especially Lion.