Mavericks removed the best feature from Microsoft RDP for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by martinm0, Oct 24, 2013.

1. martinm0 macrumors 6502a

Microsofts' latest update of RDP for Mac recently brought one of the single greatest features (IMHO): Use All Monitors. This feature lets you use all your monitors on the host PC when remotely accessing another machine (i.e., I can now use dual monitor setup for RDP when the remote PC only has a single monitor attached).

However, after moving to Mavericks I noticed I no longer have this option in the session preferences, though it still exists on my wife's MBA running ML still.

Anyone else notice this, or have any idea why its no longer available?

2. hallux macrumors 68030

hallux

Likely related to the new way Mavericks handles multiple monitors.

3. martinm0 thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's what I was thinking as well. Its just odd that the setting is completely missing in Mavericks, while the same build (I assume) in ML still has the option. I'd have expected it to be more greyed out but still visible in Mavericks.

4. aajeevlin macrumors 6502a

Maybe the next update will have some option to turn it off. This is not just a remote desktop problem, I can already see people using excel wanting to stretch to two or even three screens not able to do that (at least I wasn't able to do that yesterday).

5. martinm0 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fixed!

The latest update brought the "Use All Monitors" option back. Love this feature.