Mavericks Rocks!!!

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by prism, Oct 23, 2013.

1. prism macrumors 6502a

I have the battery indicator of my 2011 13" MBP indicated 10+ hours vs. around 5 on ML. LOL!
    The OS has given a "new lease of life" to my almost 3 y.o. MBP, a welcome development considering how overall expensive the new ones are!

2. adjeff8 macrumors 6502

adjeff8

Besides the battery issue, and perhaps iBooks, what else "Rocks" about Mavericks?

3. Serban Suspended

a 2010 MBP with 2Gb Ram with maveriks= MBP 4 gh Ram with ML

so the Ram efficiency is great too

4. KeegM480 macrumors 6502a

KeegM480

Yep, I definietely noticed a performance boost. I used to get 3-5 hours out of my MBP now I get 5-8+ hours. Also nice being able to use all 16GB of RAM I have.

5. Yell0w macrumors regular

6. GlenK macrumors 6502a

GlenK

^^Don't agree with that article, specially on speed. Mavericks is much faster and has considerably improved the performance of my 2011 MBP.

7. TheBacklash macrumors regular

TheBacklash

Note that the "author" posts a screen of an app crashing as "proof"
    Except it's pointed out to him that that particular app... Has been crashing on ANY mac.

But of course, leave that screen pic in the article.. it serves his view. :roll eyes:

Only thing I can find right now with 10.9 that needs to be addressed, is the loss of swipe back/forward in Finder.
    No speed loss, no app crashing (did have one incompatible app, has been updated)

Actually just looked at my menubar.. iStat menu's shows my iMac's temp is a little lower than normal.