Mavericks Safari Performance

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Miltz, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Miltz macrumors 6502

I'm curious if anyone has Mavericks installed on a Base model MacBook Air 2013, What Score do you get in Browsermark 2.0? I'm currently getting 4470 with Lion and it's very fast for a base Air, compared to my other computers I'm curious if Apple's performance promises in Safari are holding up in Mavericks. Thanks in advance.

2. illusionmist macrumors member

Don't have an MBA '13, but Safari 7 is definitely swifter and more responsive, no matter what those benchmarks tell you.

In addition to WebKit/JS performance gain, I think the new process-per-tab model and the hardware-accelerated scrolling in Mavericks contribute even more to the experience. Real world usage is just fantastic.

tl;dr: Snappier.

3. lesliewj macrumors newbie

Mine is MacBook air 2013, 11 inch, when I browse and scroll websites, the performance of safari 7 is amazing! It's very fast! Even if I do some gestures, like doing zoom in or zoom out, it's still no any lag.

4. FreeStyLeMaSTeR macrumors member

Macbook Air 13 inch Base 2013 model here. I just ran the browsermark 2 test for you on DP7 ;

Attached Files:

5. Miltz thread starter macrumors 6502

You just made my day. That's a huge increase in performance. Finally safari is really a force in the browser world. wow. My i7 2600k, 16GB, 512GB SSD desktop gets the same score you got using chrome or firefox. I'm really excited for mavericks. I can only imagine how fast a new Mac Pro would be... :)

6. FreeStyLeMaSTeR, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2013

FreeStyLeMaSTeR macrumors member

I don't have any idea what that score I got mean comparing to the others but in everyday usage it is pretty fast trust me. Just for that reason I don't want to go back to ML (and I don't want to use any other browser)

I ran the test once more with extensions disabled (adblock and clicktoflash) and got a bit higher this time;

Attached Files: