Mavericks Server & Wikis

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by jakesaunders27, Jun 6, 2014.

1. jakesaunders27 macrumors 6502a

jakesaunders27

Hi,

Not sure if this is possible but, I have created a Wiki using Mavericks Server and I wanted to know if there is anyway of getting at my files that are being shared using file sharing through the wiki? So when I'm away I can go to my wiki's address and basically browse the files in file sharing?

Is this possible?

Thanks

2. alain651 macrumors newbie

With the Wiki, you can only see and share the files that has been attach to the wiki and documents.

but you can have access to all your files with Fire Sharing when connecting to your server with VPN when away from home.

This need to have DNS setup properly, i do not know if you are using a domain name and an Dynamic or static IP address..

I am using noip.com for my domain with an dynamic IP address and its working well for me.

Alain

3. jakesaunders27 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jakesaunders27

Yes I have my own domain, thanks for the advice, I didn't think about using VPN, looking at it now, its probably a better way to do it!

Thanks again!

Jake

4. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

VPN is certainly better than the Wiki service for file sharing. But if you are willing to use a 3rd party SSH ("SFTP")-capable app (like Cyberduck or Forklift to name two of many) you can just use the SSH service which is much easier to setup.