Mavericks upgrade from Snow Leopard on mid-2009 MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Dj64Mk7, Dec 27, 2013.

?

Partition or not?

1. Stick with Mac OS X Snow Leopard

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Partition with Snow Leopard/Lion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Partition with Snow Leopard/Mountain Lion

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Partition with Snow Leopard/Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dj64Mk7 macrumors 6502a

Thanks to my Apple Store visit today, I have a big dilema. My computer is a mid-2009 13-inch Macbook Pro (2.2GHz, upgraded to 8GB RAM), that used to run Mavericks, but is currently running Snow Leopard.

Don't get me wrong, I love SL. It's fast, and it's the pinnacle of Apple design (in my opinion). The only issue is that since SL is over 4 years old, it doesn't have any support for things like iCloud or iTunes Radio.

Mavericks, on the other hand, is a complete wreck. I'm lucky if I get it up and running (from a cold boot) in less than 3 minutes. Also, it has some of the worst attention to detail I've seen (from Apple) since Android. Although, I do enjoy the new features, along with the iOS 7 integration.

Should I stay with Snow Leopard? If not, should I upgrade to Lion or Mountain Lion? Go all the way to Mavericks again?

Thanks for the help, and Happy Holidays.

2. Bear macrumors G3

Either stick with Snow Leopard or go to Mountain Lion. Do have a full backup before you upgrade.

3. Dj64Mk7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Would it be wise to install ML on a second partition? Y'know, because performance.