Mavericks Vs Illustrator CS5

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Archers, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Archers macrumors newbie

Hi

Since updating to Mavericks I'm having huge problems with Illustrator CS5 amongst other things.

The first problem I experienced was that Illustrator eps's wouldn't open - an error message of "Can't open or print this file" kept occurring.

I've researched on the Internet to see if there are currently any fixes. One mentioned was to reload Java, which I did before restarting.

This fixed the problem temporarily & I happily got back on with my work. But an hour later I started getting the same error messages when trying to open previously created files.

Reloaded Java & restarted again, just in case, but now my Suitcase Fusion is not working either!

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get round this?

Seriously regretting updating my OS now.

2. Sankel macrumors member

I have to say that I have many problems with Adobe on Mavericks. Not the type of problems you have. I often get beachballs and many crashes.

No solution for me so far..

3. honey4d macrumors newbie

Sorry Archers & Sankel that I'm not able to help with your issues but I too have been having problems since upgrading to Maverick.

ai files occasionally failing to open, saving can take an age (if I do a force quit I can see 'Adobe Illustrator Not responding') but it does usually resolve itself if left.

If anyone else has had these issues and fond a fix it would be useful to know.

Thanks