Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

aaairsci

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2013
So I am continuing to have problems with the display upon waking my computer from sleep every ~3 mornings now. The screens will be blank (except for a mouse pointer and, this morning, an "updates available" notification in the top right)...sound will be coming out fine. I have to hard restart with the power button in order to be able to view anything.

This has happened before...but today something completely unacceptable has happened. Upon this last restart, all of my keychain passwords and finder network favorites have completely disappeared! What on earth would cause that to happen? ...and has anyone else had this issue?

Last edited:

satcomer

macrumors 604
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
So I am continuing to have problems with the display upon waking my computer from sleep every ~3 mornings now. The screens will be blank (except for a mouse pointer and, this morning, an "updates available" notification in the top right)...sound will be coming out fine. I have to hard restart with the power button in order to be able to view anything.

This has happened before...but today something completely unacceptable has happened. Upon this last restart, all of my keychain passwords and finder network favorites have completely disappeared! What on earth would cause that to happen? ...and has anyone else had this issue?

No. What Mac are you using?

Comment

Ryan1524

macrumors 68000
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
I thought it was Power Nap, but it wasn't. It's USB drives.

I still have USB peripherals plugged in, but ever since I removed my 2 external USB drives, the crashes stopped.

Comment

aaairsci

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2013
I thought it was Power Nap, but it wasn't. It's USB drives.

I still have USB peripherals plugged in, but ever since I removed my 2 external USB drives, the crashes stopped.

Yeah I turned off Power Nap and it was still happening. I have the dual monitor setup which is what I thought caused it initially...but that's interesting. I do have a USB port expander peripheral. Hmmm.

Don't forget to bug report your issue!

I've never bug reported on mac before... is the developer site the only place to do it, or is there a better place?

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.